• Advertisement

torque wrenches

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

torque wrenches

Postby okie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:45 pm

John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Impact wrenches

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:54 am

They use the 3/8 adapters and couplers so you would need change lines to 1/2" and yes the standard M and L couplers won't work especially the M adapters as I found these can greatly vary in the flow thru hole size. This was my main problem of getting air to the air tools here.

I went with Air Cat 1150 and used hi flow V couplers and fittings with regular 3/8". The advantage of using the Milton V hi flow couplers is that you can still other smaller less air hungry equipment with the current M adapters. I am currently using the 1150 thru a 100 ft ran and it has no problem removing and installing a cross threaded 7/8" Nut (cross threaded mainly to the center lock of the nut) to over 300 ft lbs. This 7/8" was the thread size on a large Tuff Torq Transmission used on the JD925A ZTR. Yes the 1150 is more expensive @ $172 than HF unit and less than the Snap-on. The 1150 operation is more the Snap-on as it only max torque setting in reverse.

One thing I didn't see mention in the video but I could have missed it is the sound level of two tested. I do know the 1150 has a built-in silencer so it much quieter in operation than my older Campbell Hausfeld impacts. I actually found I use less air over all as the compressor kicks in less. The advertised sound level of the 1150 is 86 dBd and I don't know the levels for either one of the two tested in the video.

With these higher powered units beware you will break more things including tools as I have already sheared off a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter trying to remove an oil line plug from a hose adapter on a Cub Cadet here. When that didn't work I reverse clamped the fitting and proceeded to shear off the square fitting. :lol: That's when I installed a new Dainz-it hose.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib