• Advertisement

A VERY useful China Freight tool

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

A VERY useful China Freight tool

Postby Fulltilt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm

After bashing HF tools, I remembered that I have several of these in my various tool bags, and carb kit, and use them all the time. ( Imagine that) :
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-1-screwdriver-with-tpr-handle-69470.html

My main point in mentioning this is to say the flat blade part is hollow ground, which makes it most useful for removing carb jets, nozzles, and such. In fact, I use it most of the time, unless the nozzle is stuck.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Advertisement

Re: A VERY useful China Freight tool

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Actually my two Briggs carburetor nozzle bits are grounded down 1/4" hex bit Flat blades. A regular 1/4" hex will usually damage the threads due lack of clearance. On the larger of the two bits it only take knocking the corners off. The small one takes more grinding and flattening.

Going back pulling on the tiger tail end.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 am

Fulltilt wrote:After bashing HF tools, I remembered that I have several of these in my various tool bags, and carb kit, and use them all the time. ( Imagine that) :
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-1-screwdriver-with-tpr-handle-69470.html

My main point in mentioning this is to say the flat blade part is hollow ground, which makes it most useful for removing carb jets, nozzles, and such. In fact, I use it most of the time, unless the nozzle is stuck.

A real good set of hollow ground screwdrivers that allows you to select the correct size by fit and feel into deep holes for brass jets, etc, is the Wheeler engineering 72 piece set, if you are a piddler and also into carbs very much this one can save you a lot of pain. The driver handles have a slight rubber texture feel that allows you to get a good grip and feel how much twisting/pressure you are applying to driver. I've only seen one carb piece that the set would not fit, that is the big slotted and wide slotted needle seat used in a Rochester Quadrajet carbs. The drivers are quality stuff and I've never chipped or broke any of the drivers. This set will at least allow you to start out with the correct size hollow ground driver when trying to remove a carb jet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/223597 ... driver-set.

I also find myself reaching for a Klein Tools 32500 11-in-1 Screwdriver and Nut Driver when into a project.
This tool is not built to survive Bubba, good tool but you have to realize it's limitations or you can ruin the nut driver portion and render the tool useless. The slotted screwdrivers are hollow ground also. About $15 at Home Depot
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 am

Moving topic to the Tool Crib forum. Link left in place
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib