• Advertisement

Atlas Cutting Tools

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Atlas Cutting Tools

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Please be aware if any of you order cutting from Altas Cutting Tools that they do not answer the their phone nor return messages until you cancel the order. I order a reamer on the 1st and of 1300 (1 pm) 5th November their time it was still flagged as awaiting fulfillment even though they over 100 in stock. I also paid for two day delivery and supposedly it was shipped on the Nov 1 according the message I finally got tat it should be delivered tomorrow (3 Days).

The lack of accurate info and the non answering of the phone caused me to order the reamer from McMaster/Carr. Now I going to have two of them as it costs more it is worth to send it back as basically I end paying for the part and they get to resell it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Atlas Cutting Tools

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 pm

only place I would order something like that from would be WW Grainger , maybe fastenal, sometimes from hardware supplier Lawson.. Proven reliability from those companies, so I'll pay a bit more for quality... always good to have your own "Go-To" list of suppliers, so glad you posted that, though I never heard oi Atlas to do business with (other than the brand on store shelves)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Atlas Cutting Tools

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Normally I use Fastenal and McMasters but was needing to cut costs lately after losing TEW and taking over a month to get a new distributor online so my net revenue took a pretty good hit.

I have use Atlas in the past with good results but was like they had gone out of business and was still taking orders.I was using them as they had the carbides I was needing. Now I have lost faith in them. A lesson learned the hard way as I had told my customer that I would have his engine out Wednesday, now it will the end of the week at the earliest as I got the modify the Briggs guide bushing for the new tool. Sometimes it seems I take one forward and two backwards.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib