• Advertisement

Rockauto.com for tools

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Rockauto.com for tools

Postby 38racing » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:00 pm

I was just catching up on this forum. I decided to look around the interscreen at tool prices. Rockauto.com was lowest on a couple I looked up. Lisle 15000 hone and a leakdown tester. (Brand: Performance Tool
3.2 out of 5 stars 92Reviews
Performance Tool W89729 Leak-Down Test Kit (Not a Compression Tester).
I order my ngk sparplugs from them now.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Rockauto.com for tools

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:04 am

For me my current distributor has the NGKs just as cheap.

Might look into getting another leak down tester after HF one I got fails but I do like the low pressure testing vs the 100 PSI testers as I can can cycle OHV engine with the valve train disabled so I can check the lower cylinder condition of engines, Too bad they are closing the HF one out. The main with my HF leak down tester is that the regulator is a little leaky but is something I can live with.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Just watched a video that used permatex the right stuff 29208. Checked my local cost versus rockauto. If i buy one tube it's a couple $ cheaper local but if I buy two I save 20 % at rockauto.com. I could even save on one tube if I was buying something else that shipped from the same warehouse (like the leakdown tester)
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 pm

The OTC leak down tester has served me well.
Might cost little more but works great and comes with several adapter.
I have several OTC tools and they have always served me well.
and YES
rock auto is great. Just keep a heads up about making sure all comes from same warehouse to avoid multiple shipping charges.
The website is sometimes not user friendly for locating a product that is not Auto specific.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib