• Advertisement

CycleCyl BoreMaster

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

CycleCyl BoreMaster

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:57 am

A friend of mine who used to be in the motorcycle repair business just gave me one of these.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cyclecyl+boremaster&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=USZffsGiGrHUSM%252Cn4GsJWpZbqE2XM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRxCDlfs227FamgGYgwN_0F3bIGzg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9uZr8jfHtAhVFlFkKHXCJAp0Q9QF6BAgNEAE#imgrc=4tnRNVyr75CB1M

Would this be of much use to me in a small engine shop? My guess is it would not be of much use since most of the stuff I'm seeing doesn't have a removable cylinder. Looks like this machine has to have a through passageway. Maybe it can be modified?

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: CycleCyl BoreMaster

Postby bgsengine » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Might find use for it if you happen to be rebuilding engines with the oil pan bolted to the bottom (like the Kohler cast iron K series and Magnum, some older antique briggs engines, too..) or removable cylinders (Like Kohler's KT series aluminum block twin opposed) .. but other than that, I'd never have used it because these days, parts + labor to rebore and rebuild a small engine usually gonna cost more than putting a whole new engine in... (if you can even find the correct size O.S. Piston kits)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: CycleCyl BoreMaster

Postby lefty » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:24 pm

I thought that might be the case. Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib