• Advertisement

Ultrasonic solution

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Ultrasonic solution

Postby lefty » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:59 pm

I've had an ultrasonic cleaner for some time now. I've done pretty well with a simple green and water mix. I've been seeing a lot of people talk about Zep and wanted to give it a try. I was at the store yesterday and was surprised to find about 10 different zep products. Not remembering which one was appropriate, I selected the Zep Fast 505 Degreaser.

It said it was safe for plastics on the lable. Doesn't specify whether or not it's concentrated. My question is:

Can I use this for carbs? Should I mix it with water?

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Ultrasonic solution

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:32 pm

I don't know but here is the Ingredients:

INGREDIENT Water (Solvent); Alkylbenzene Sulfonic Acid (Surfactant - Cleaning Agent); Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent); Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster); C9-11 Alcohols Ethoxylated 4-6EO (Surfactant – Emulsifying Agent); Dipropylene Glycol Propyl Ether (Solvent); Dipropylene Glycol Butyl Ether (Solvent); Butoxydiglycol (Solvent); Sodium Metasilicate (Corrosion Inhibitor); Benzene, C10-16-alkyl derivatives (Surfactant - Cleaning Agent); Sulfuric Acid (pH Adjuster); Butoxyethanol (Solvent); Fragrance* (Fragrance)

From this I can it contains battery acid.

The only thing I have is Alocnox UC Soap (12.5 pH), Dawn Ultra, and Dawn Ultra Platinum.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm

I have plenty of Dawn. What would be the ratio to water on that?
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:11 am

I have been using around two tablespoons full to 9-10 liters. That is also the mix I use with the Alocnox soap. I usually change out the solution once dirty so I might only get a couple 30 min cycles before the water is dirty enough as to not see the carburetors.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib