• Advertisement

Tecumseh small engine timing dial indicator tool

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Tecumseh small engine timing dial indicator tool

Postby Canadian » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello ... I am looking for anyone that has a Tecumseh small engine timing dial indicator tool that they are willing to part with. Thank you.
Canadian

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh small engine timing dial indicator tool

Postby bgsengine » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Depending on your reasons for specifically wanting the Tecumseh version, You can easily get by with pretty much any dial indicator and fabricate your own holders and tips (I.E. drill out an old spark plug , with a set screw to hold indicator, fabricate your offset tip from pieces of scrap metal and tiny screws) - other than the convenience of being able to set timing with the head installed, it isn't really needed, as long as you can precisely measure the BTDC position of the piston itself (Finding TDC and then measure the precise amount as you turn engine backwards for BTDC) .. Other than OCD and/or Collectibility, (due to the logo and branding on the indicator bezel) I can think of no other real reason it'd have to be the Tecumseh tool... Unfortunately I sold mine some years back to another forum member on here.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Tecumseh small engine timing dial indicator tool

Postby creia » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:30 pm

There are a couple for sale on eBay right now (one new, one used). Watch out as it looks like the used one is missing the offset "foot"- you would have to fabricate that part.
As to Brian's comment that he "... sold mine some years back to another forum member on here."
I have it from a VERY reliable source 8-) that the forum member he is referring to has put that tool to very good use! :D
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib