• Advertisement

tachs

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

tachs

Postby jgflawn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:50 am

EZ Tach Plus - ESI328 - is what I have in the box. Able to read without wire from 2-3" from sparkplug. Have used on my SS snowblowers right through metal housings and plastic covers over the spark plug hole. Doesn't refresh quite as often as I'd like (.75 s), but on testing both old and newer machines recently gave me readings within 100 rpm of factory spec (3850; 4300). Fully adjustable for different engines and stroke patterns. Very intuitive to use. $60 cdn.
jgflawn

Advertisement

Re: tachs

Postby bgsengine » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Sounds like the tiny tach - you can get them and similar from DTI, lots of them offered on eBay and Amazon as well.

But for accuracy, hard to beat the Echo PET-304 from Oppama (Although for most people it'd be really pricey at $180+ )

And then there's the old reliable - The Treysit Sirometer which also works on diesels and electric motors , although it needs 2 handed use, so not too good for 2-cyckle handheld work unless you have 4 hands. LOL!
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: tachs

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:20 pm

bgsengine wrote: so not too good for 2-cyckle handheld work unless you have 4 hands. LOL!

Time for another dose of Gamma rays. :mrgreen:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib