• Advertisement

Snap-on SRP1B Snap ring pliers

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Snap-on SRP1B Snap ring pliers

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:21 am

Gentlemen, I have been fighting with speared ends external retaining rings for several years here.

While working on repairing my person auto transmission a customer loan me the Snap-on SRP1B pliers. They work as intend and I am able to remove/install these snap rings. The serrated tips grips the ears. The plier are expensive but well worth when you are needing them. Might be able to modify some other pliers to do the same thing.

Here is a close up of the pliers tips.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Snap-on SRP1B Snap ring pliers

Postby hanz63 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:04 am

Pretty neat. But then what will I do with my bin of bent tip screwdrivers?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Re: Snap-on SRP1B Snap ring pliers

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:15 am

This is where I had to use these this time around. The ring is 1-5/16 down inside there. I think it would little to use a couple bent screwdrivers to get the ring off and on. In to get ring back on you have to use the tool.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib