• Advertisement

Let-s see anyone knows what these are.

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Let-s see anyone knows what these are.

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:42 am

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Let-s see anyone knows what these are.

Postby RoyM » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:13 pm

Lovejoy coupling used where the driving and driven shafts are not perfectly aligned.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:28 pm

Nope, I designed them and had these made by my machinist before he retired. They are purpose made and I use them a lot. Kinda wish he was still working but I will another shop to make the one as I have ran into some that need a larger version.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:10 pm

I stared at them for 5 minutes. I got nothin'.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:07 am

I'd have to guess a socket wrench that slips over a shaft and engages a boss on the object being threaded on... I see the middle flats which would take a open end wrench, so...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:22 pm

Pretty darn close. A 16mm impact socket up the hole the tighten a screw and the tool does engage a double "D" boss to prevent it from turning. The smaller one use a 1-1/2 open ended wrench to hold it while torquing the screw.

Much easier than finding someone to hold the other end. my arms are just not that long. Always having to find a way to do things when I by myself in the shop.

The tool covers four sizes of double "D" bosses. And I really need another one as I have some larger double "D" that have come since these were made..
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib