• Advertisement

Ryobi S430 4cycle trimmer won't fire?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Ryobi S430 4cycle trimmer won't fire?

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 am

They are available here just don't see them much any more as most are the style that use on the electric range. Convenience stores and fast food restaurants have nearly eliminated them. Personally I use an electric perk coffee maker daily but for tea I use a quart pot on the my electric range. When I want a cup of hot herbal tea I use the microwave to heat the water. This is mostly because I am by myself and no need for a larger volume of hot water for things like this any more.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Ryobi S430 4cycle trimmer won't fire?

Postby jwales » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Well it turns out the belt jumped the sprocket. I was playing around while I was trying to set the valve gap and was able to get it running and then played around more to get it running good. Only problem is if it jumped once it could again. Maybe belt is stretched.....probably not worth doing anything more with it.
Thanks, Joe
jwales
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum