• Advertisement

Two piece Flo-Jet repair

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Two piece Flo-Jet repair

Postby wristpin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:16 am

Looking for a link to the item on the old forum regarding internal leaks etc . Thought that I'd downloaded it for reference but when I looked for it to pass to an enquirer on another forum it appears that I hadn't!

Anyway, best wishes for a peaceful Christmas and a healthy New Year to all.
Angus
wristpin
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Two piece Flo-Jet repair

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:16 am

Perr website has been gone a long time now and Bruce never provide us any of his files other what some had copy before the closure. Maybe Brian or Bob has a copy.

I came in late just as Perr was about to shut down but I do remember one trick that was shown. It was for the leaky main nozzle seat.

1. You take the old nozzle grind or file off the threads
  2. Apply valve grinding compound on mating seat surface of the nozzle.
  3. Insert the nozzle as you would normally do and polish the mating seat.
  4. Clean out the residue and install a new nozzle.
  5. Install a new nozzle.
Something I ran into on my last repair of one of these is incorrectly made after market main needle assembly. Threading was too loose mating with carburetor to tighten. After buying the Briggs OEM version had no problem tightening up the seal.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:20 am

Yeah and they also had a solution where you use the nylon washer from an old side tank gas tank repair kit (carb mounts on tank) on vertical shaft mower engines as a "seal" for that main nozzle seat. I forget the part number - something like 391813 I think it was?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby wristpin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks for that. I remembered the teflon washer trick and actually have a couple but had forgotten about lapping in with an old nozzle.
I will pass the info on to the man with the problem - for once not me!

EDIT
For the record the part number of the roll pin and teflon washer kit is 391413 or 4184 for the ten pack.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:29 pm

391413 which subs to 4184, a pack of ten. I had to search the Power Portal for that one, memory ain't what it used to be :)
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:04 pm

RoyM wrote:391413 which subs to 4184, a pack of ten. I had to search the Power Portal for that one, memory ain't what it used to be :)

I bought that kit. Look close for the washers. I thought that mine were missing but found them.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum