• Advertisement

briggs carb ?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

briggs carb ?

Postby 38racing » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 pm

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-lawnmower-leaf-b ... nFlag=true
when I was looking for a replacement for the one in my other thread I noticed that all the chinese replacements looked like this rather than the walbro. Is this the current style of carb used by briggs? is it Nikki?
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: briggs carb ?

Postby bgsengine » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:21 am

Yep. lot of the walbros are now retrofitted to Nikki .

Briggs is also using Ruixing carburetors as well
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:43 am

38racing wrote:http://www.kijiji.ca/v-lawnmower-leaf-blower/ottawa/lawn-tractor-starter-and-carburator/1231274207?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
when I was looking for a replacement for the one in my other thread I noticed that all the chinese replacements looked like this rather than the walbro. Is this the current style of carb used by briggs? is it Nikki?

I have notice many of the Briggs ipls have indicated that the Nikki is being used on later models. The one in your link looks like OEM Nikki versions.

Now the Chinese version are clones and I haven't seen one of them here yet but I wold imagine that there are no replacement parts available for the Chinese clones as this tends to be what I experience with the biggest part of the Ruixings. Briggs is now have some the parts for the Ruixings that they are installing available. It takes time for the market realize that are a need for replacement parts.

One of the Chinese clones is by AE Power. Here is a link to their website. AE-Power | Auto Express: Small Engine Parts, Carburetors, Honda ...
As I said I don't know anything about these or this company. I am always a little leery of anything from China as it is pot luck if it is a good product or bad. Some MFJ (Mighty Fine Junk) comes out of China. No reflection the ham radio brand of MFJ radio equipment, just borrowing the lettering and saying.

Now with the new head nut here those sources are probably going to get expensive here if he has his way. Only time will tell... :popcorn:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:48 am

bgsengine wrote:Yep. lot of the walbros are now retrofitted to Nikki .

Briggs is also using Ruixing carburetors as well

I know the last time ordered a complete carburetor from Briggs is was Ruixing replacement for the Walbro I had. Strange that they also sent along a new air cleaner and filter too. Now this was for 6.5hp horizontal engine on a tiller.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 am

i guess things change as in some older ipls the service for the nikki was to use the walbro.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 am

38racing wrote:i guess things change as in some older ipls the service for the nikki was to use the walbro.

I think this was due to costs at the time; otherwords, who was able to give best contract price on the carburetor that was spec'd. It like what we as techs do to keep repair costs down by sourcing parts at the best overall cost...Always got to figure that shipping cost; of course, there are times delivery speed is more important than overall cost as in getting a commercial piece of equipment back online especially during the busy season.

Lest we forget sometimes reliability comes in too play too.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 am

KE4AVB wrote:
38racing wrote:i guess things change as in some older ipls the service for the nikki was to use the walbro.

I think this was due to costs at the time; otherwords, who was able to give best contract price on the carburetor that was spec'd. It like what we as techs do to keep repair costs down by sourcing parts at the best overall cost...Always got to figure that shipping cost; of course, there are times delivery speed is more important than overall cost as in getting a commercial piece of equipment back online especially during the busy season.

Lest we forget sometimes reliability comes in too play too.

Had that price dilemma last night. A friend's father gave me his old still working, riding mower a couple years ago. Had flooded and needed a belt. So now he has a snowblower issue. Couldn't get pulley off to change impellor bearing. Finally got it to me and they had cut all but the centre of the pulley off. I was able to pull it off. And then I see the shaft is bent. I have another bucket with same parts. I was going to swap but keep his cross augers. Well can't get them off mine. So I'll put the complete unit into his bucket with his new bearing. But then I noticed that the side bushing on both units are worn. Figure they should be replaced while it's apart. My aftermarket CDN supplier has them but as OEM at $15.50 Cdn each after my significant discount. I can get them from US supplier for $8 cdn. Speedy shipping from USA ups the price although there are other things I can order from both.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum