• Advertisement

John Deere 445 service manual

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

John Deere 445 service manual

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Anyone know where I can get a service manual for a John Deere 445 tractor? One for free, that is. I guess I'm just in the mood to be cheap today. :D It has the Kawasaki FD620D engine in it, but my Kawasaki manual seems to deal only with carbureted engines, where this one is EFI.

This machine has 1,672 hours on it, and it needs a little TLC. It belongs to my cousin who finds herself with 5 kiddos at home & no husband to help her. Money's pretty tight. It quit running for her and I thought I'd help out where I could.

I think I'm pretty happy with the engine condition. Compression is really good, with 225 psi on one cylinder and 230 psi on the other (I'm assuming that's not too high). Looks like it could use a couple new oil seals & valve cover seals. And the starter tends to "slip" or "kick out" a lot (not sure yet what that's all about). But it looks OK other than that. It won't run because there's no spark. At this point, I'm assuming the fuel system is OK. But I wanted a tech manual to help me through it, since it's not an ignition system I'm familiar with. I think there's supposed to be an indicator light for the engine on the dash, but I don't see anything. Hopefully it's just a burned out bulb.

On the other end of the tractor, the transmission is leaking like a sieve. My cousin told me she went through about 3 gallons of transmission fluid last summer. Thankfully, she's been using the right stuff, the low viscosity hy-gard fluid that John Deere makes. I just washed it off the best I could this evening, hoping that I'll be able to locate the source of the leak. Service manual may be helpful here too. Anyone have one they'd like to share, or will I have to bite the bullet and invest in one?

Thanks.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: John Deere 445 service manual

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:33 am

All Kawasaki FD620D manual I have found are from the late 1990s or early 2000s era and none cover the EFI system. I also checked trade bit and they only have the older manual list there too.

It looks like your going to need to see if you can get both manuals from John Deere if they are willing to sell you the copies. This something I also need to check on my end as I am starting to get the newer engines in too.

As for the hydrostatic there are two versions list of the parts list for the 445, a two wheel and a all wheel drive version. The semi good news here is the it sounds like a axle seal leaking or case seal plug. I have a few of the case plugs being rubber just crack and start leaking.

The 425, 445 & 455 Lawn & Garden Tractors technical manual on CD is PN TM1517CD for $75 or TM1517 if you want the paper version but is $150. I don't know if even covers the Kawasaki engine.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:57 pm

This might could help you. IDK if it covers EFI.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/re ... 445455.pdf
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Tnx Fulltilt. I have added a copy of the SM to my database here. And yes does cover some aspects of the EFI system which should help Mr Mower Man and others. It take me more time to read over the section covering the engine later today.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum