• Advertisement

adding electric start to 6.5 clone

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: adding electric start to 6.5 clone

Postby 38racing » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I would think so.

Part of block or side cover?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 am

If the image is representative of your's engine Cylinder Barrel then it part of it. Can you post an actual pictures your engine's cylinder block? That would help eliminate some of the guess work as some cylinder barrels don't even have a place for the starter addition.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:21 pm

I guess to be sure I should pull the shield along with the shroud.. I have found manuals that indicate that Honda GX200 had electric start as an option but maybe not as an 'addon' so if had starter it had the block for it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:42 pm

38racing wrote:I guess to be sure I should pull the shield along with the shroud.. I have found manuals that indicate that Honda GX200 had electric start as an option but maybe not as an 'addon' so if had starter it had the block for it.

Look, you have the motor staring at you, correct? If you can't see any obvious starter mounting holes or cast -in lugs, etc., in the aluminum block, then it ain't going to work. Period.
I mean, look at the pic of the starter... now look at your motor block...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby 38racing » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I think what is being refered to is the blue area inside the orange hexagon in the following image. Not all GX160 clones have this area.

funny that I looked up ipl for an electric start model and yet cylinder barrel does have picture with the starter motor mounting like yours does.
http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/HE_Engi ... 01&lang=EN
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:27 pm

I am going to be a little blunt here, 38Racing.

Until you get off your duff and actually pull the shroud to look at the engine that you're thinking of doing the conversion to it is pointless to keep asking. IPLs can be wrong or for the wrong engine. This is something will take a physical look see to determine if possible. That way you can post us some pictures for us to look at too. Personally my eyesight just isn't that good to see from Torland to Canada without some major help. Besides you haven't even given us the info on the clone engine in question.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I am going to be a little blunt here, 38Racing.

Until you get off your duff and actually pull the shroud to look at the engine that you're thinking of doing the conversion to it is pointless to keep asking. IPLs can be wrong or for the wrong engine. This is something will take a physical look see to determine if possible. That way you can post us some pictures for us to look at too. Personally my eyesight just isn't that good to see from Torland to Canada without some major help. Besides you haven't even given us the info on the clone engine in question.

my point was more about manual discrepancies than my engine .academic now anyway. unexpected medical issue is keeping me out of garage. hoping it's not long term.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum