• Advertisement

Mikuni carb model# and diagram for 98 yamaha at

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Mikuni carb model# and diagram for 98 yamaha at

Postby jwales » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 am

I have a 1998 Yamaha 350 Wolverine ATV that I am cleaning up for a friend. The carburator is a Mikuni. It looks like someone messed with it previously and i think I am missing some parts (L jet washer & O ring for starters) and a couple screws holding the bowel on are so stripped I can't get it off. I can not find any number on the carb to help identify and get a parts diagram to view and order parts. I dont have a dealer near by so have been trying to surf but not having any luck. Any thoughts where to look specifically? Using the wife's Ipad and am getting the feeling Safari is a poor search engine.
It is a flat slide. I am more familiar with the round slide on my older snowmobiles.
jwales
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Mikuni carb model# and diagram for 98 yamaha at

Postby Fulltilt » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

I usually am able to get a small pair of vicegrips on strpped out jap screws. Or flatten the head a bit with a punch and then seat a phillips bit in with a good hammer hit.
A quick GOOGLE turned up this : http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/serv ... 91_282.pdf
Says the carb is a Mikuni BST34/1 BST34
That should get you started.
Got stuff to do. Later.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby Luffydog » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:43 pm

ZZPGGR896
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:45 pm

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum