• Advertisement

Toro Mower

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Toro Mower

Postby lefty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:47 pm

I will definitely pick one up. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep everyone posted as to the results.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 pm

lefty wrote:I will definitely pick one up. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep everyone posted as to the results.

Yeah, they come in real handy. The beat up ones I use for battery cable lugs and terminal cleaning.
Some brands have a bit too much wood handle sticking past the bristles. If you carefully cut the excess off, it makes it easier to get in the nooks and crannies.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby Arkie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm

When I see the whitish aluminum powder scale when I open up a carb, I will not waste time cleaning on the carb for someone else, it needs replaced and it does not surprise me if I clean and kit the carb (for myself) and it runs good for awhile and then starts having issues again. It's still small shedding scale aluminum pot metal pieces junk inside.

I've got a bunch of itty bitty brushes that I use in a dremel tool for the carbs nooks and crannys if I see it appears they need brushed/cleaned.

If you are going to work on very many small engine carbs a ultra sonic cleaner that will also heat the cleaner solution is the route to go.
The ultrasonic is safe for the plastic parts, etc. You need to keep a heads up also when using air pressure on the small carbs, about 20 psi max or you can blow out or loosen a welch plug. If you see any welch plugs do not directly inject forced air into the little holes unless you want to remove the welch plugs.

On the big automotive carbs I have to go to the chemdip because my ultrasonic tank is too small and I have to remove all the plastic and rubber parts. ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 pm

I picked up a new carb for this one. It seemed to have done the trick. Once it warmed up, it ran pretty smoothly. But it's only in the 40's so I didn't want to run it too long because I'm not sure what kind of oil the owner is running in it. When the new blade goes on and it warms up a bit. I'll give it another run.

Thanks to all for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Well the new blade came in on this one and it was warm yesterday so I wrapped everything up. The owner came down to pick it up and it ran like a top. Super happy and thankful for all the help from you guys. Thanks for taking the time.
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum