• Advertisement

Not so new topic, Ultrasonic cleaner solution

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Not so new topic, Ultrasonic cleaner solution

Postby acscolo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:30 pm

I too am in the Pine Sol camp.
acscolo

Postby sblg43 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Pinesol here. Harbor Freight unit, heated for about three cycles at 8 minutes each.
sblg43
Forum Regular

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm

creia wrote:"...usually 3 to 4 HOURS is ALL that is needed." (That is "ALL"?!) LOL
Too long for me. Ours are done in 15 MINUTES.
Michael

I know i know, but i throw the carb/parts in at the end of the day and next morning, like new. Not in any kind of hurry, im on tulsa time. :D
Matt
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:24 am

Just don't forget to get them out later. With the old dip cleaner when I first started I did. Boy do they come out black. :lol:

Anyway I using Dawn or one of the 12.5pH soaps and they are usually clean in 30-60 minutes. It now as much as the internals that is taking longer as it is the exterior surface dirt that is baked on. I am just picky on how clean they are.

That reminds me I got to get another bottle of Dawn Wednesday while I'm putting all that JD green and gold in the bank. I think I make it the Cherry Blossom scented one this time. Too bad they don't a rose scented one...As I could say the carbs come out smelling like roses. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jwales » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:22 pm

All: I have been using my HF ultra sonic and it has worked well! Usually run a carb through three cycles and all is good. Started out using Dawn and worked well. My buddy sells Schaefer Lubricants and they have a citrus based product Citrol that works (IMO) even better. One of my better investments for the garage. Thanks for all the advice/opinions.
jwales
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum