• Advertisement

what are we missing here ??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

what are we missing here ??

Postby RJRacing » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm

John Deere RX75 Kawasaki FC290V-AS10 strange one here ... came in with a no spark condition, tested with inline tester on plug no spark new plug, still no spark, pulled kill wire same thing , changed tester to ground on engine block has great spark, put another new plug in tester grounded to block no spark, tried new coil same results, tried new flywheel same thing, coil was gaped correctly and mounting pads were sanded and clean. Anyone seen this type of problem ?? or ideas on what we are missing ??
RJRacing

Advertisement

Re: what are we missing here ??

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Try installing a new ignitor.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RJRacing » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

No separate ignitor on this one
RJRacing

Postby Luffydog » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Possibly a key switch or relay or maybe a safety issue
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 am

RJRacing wrote:No separate ignitor on this one

Hmmm. JDparts is showing one so that why I suggested it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 am

RJRacing wrote:No separate ignitor on this one

Well, as mentioned , IPL lists/shows an igniter. Perhaps it was missing all along and creating problems, no?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby RJRacing » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 pm

well after comparing this one with the 2 in our boneyard and quizzing the customer after inspecting the wire harness, this mower HAD a ignitor on it cust said he removed it and the wire cause he thought it was "one of those safety things and none of his other mowers had one on it " new harness and ignitor and its gone thanks guys
RJRacing

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 am

I wonder if he learned a valuable lesson about not removing things he doesn't know what they are.

And safety systems disabling is something I frown on though I admit some are bothersome but those that lost body parts and the one my area back over his toddler while the blades were still engaged can see why they are there. :(

I actually had customer that was helping his buddy unload a mower when it hung the deck on the truck's tailgate. While the mower was still running he reach to grab the deck to lift it and at that very moment I grabbed him as I seen the blades turning. At first he was upset at me but I said look at the blades turning and he said thanks. He had those fingers for 80+ years and looks like he going to keep them a little longer. :)
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 am

Some of those interlock safety modules cost near a $150.00 dollars I just replaced one and the guy took it back back off and complained about the cost and he was able to return it. I told the guy might have cost $150 but your and others persons body parts are priceless and it's a safety issue and should be replaced he got hateful so I turned my back and walked off before it went any further. If it comes back I will put it back on and do it over again. Just like bad blades on the mower. I have seen one of my kids or any person with a blade stuck In them and if I can help it they won't. Safety is first and always should be anytime anywhere and shouldn't be any short cuts!!!!!!
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Luffy in cases like this I have the customer sign a release statement stating that my company and I personally are not responsible any resulting injuries as my insurance agent definitely advised me that they would not cover such injury resulting from me disabling or not reinstating a safety device(s).

On the subject of blades I even had one customer bring in a push mower last year with the blade duct taped on. An accident awaiting to happen at any time.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum