• Advertisement

Kobota ZG327 no start

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kobota ZG327 no start

Postby samcarpen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am

Kubota ZG327 Commercial Zero-turn with 27hp Kubota engine no start. Cranks. Will temporarily fire when misting fuel into air-cleaner. Blows 15amp main system fuse. Disconnected fuel pump and continues to blow fuse. Can't locate a wiring diagram. Parts dealer who is also a Kubota dealer is very little help. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam
samcarpen

Advertisement

Re: Kobota ZG327 no start

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:25 am

If is blowig as you switch to run then you obivious have a short but as how this is setup I don't a clue as I haven't seen one in the shop yet. But I would tried disconnecting the afterfire solenoid on the carburetor to see if that stops the fuse blowing. These do short out. If shorted then replacement is needed for the engine to run.

The service manual should have a copy of the wiring diagram in it. Available for the ZG 327 ZTR from https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/278681534-kubota-zg327-zero-turn-mower-service-manual
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Kobota ZG327 no start

Postby samcarpen » Wed May 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for your help. Was able to obtain a wiring diagram. Turned out that it was the fuel pump relay that was shorting out.
samcarpen

Return to Technical Discussion Forum