• Advertisement

In need of a Briggs 5 HP carb

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

In need of a Briggs 5 HP carb

Postby creia » Wed May 03, 2017 5:53 pm

My son and I are looking for a Briggs "Pulsa-Jet" carb for a 5 HP horizontal-shaft engine. These had the pull-out/slide choke at the rear, and the short and long pickup tubes and were very popular on the 130232 models from the 1960s- 1980's. It does not need to be pretty (we can clean it), and we can rebuild it if needed. Just nothing broken, cracked, or missing. Please PM or email me directly if you have something to sell.
Thank you,
Michael :)
creia
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: In need of a Briggs 5 HP carb

Postby bgsengine » Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 pm

got a model and type number? what size tank? I believe these are still available from Briggs.. unless you MUST have the pull out choke (I think current production is a rotary valve control)

In any case with model and type and knowing your tank size needed, you can look up a part number so you can have something to start a search on - might even find a "new old stock" on ebay or somewhere
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Wed May 03, 2017 6:25 pm

i expect there are a bunch of old tillers sitting around with one of those on it. heh, I think I have one behind the shed. will check later.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 pm

bgsengine wrote:got a model and type number? what size tank? I believe these are still available from Briggs.. unless you MUST have the pull out choke (I think current production is a rotary valve control)
In any case with model and type and knowing your tank size needed, you can look up a part number so you can have something to start a search on - might even find a "new old stock" on ebay or somewhere

M- 130232 T- 0312-01 C-6911017
Briggs part # for the carb is 299437 or 297599 - Yes, we need the pull-out choke (no rotary choke)
They are still available NOS , however, the $ 110.00 and up they get for them is not in the budget for this build. (yes, I am a cheapskate! :oops: ) We have the parts to rebuild it as/if needed and an ultrasonic to clean it, so an old used one is fine. My hope is that you old pros have some laying around collecting dust in your "bone piles" of parts.
Thanks for any help,
creia
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 pm

creia wrote:

We have the parts to rebuild it as/if needed and an ultrasonic to clean it, so an old used one is fine. My hope is that you old pros have some laying around collecting dust in your "bone piles" of parts.
Thanks for any help,

Ill see if we have any sitting around - most of that stuff got scrapped ages ago but I recently came by an old workbench drawer in the shop (long forgotten) that still had old carburetor bodies (and a starter generator even) - if I remember I'll dig through it and see if we have anything there.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby creia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:40 pm

38racing wrote:i expect there are a bunch of old tillers sitting around with one of those on it. heh, I think I have one behind the shed. will check later.

Thank you very much! :)
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:41 pm

bgsengine wrote:
creia wrote:

We have the parts to rebuild it as/if needed and an ultrasonic to clean it, so an old used one is fine. My hope is that you old pros have some laying around collecting dust in your "bone piles" of parts.
Thanks for any help,

Ill see if we have any sitting around - most of that stuff got scrapped ages ago but I recently came by an old workbench drawer in the shop (long forgotten) that still had old carburetor bodies (and a starter generator even) - if I remember I'll dig through it and see if we have anything there.

Thank you Brian- it is appreciated! :)
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu May 04, 2017 6:54 pm

I do have one. slide choke is seized so I put some penetrating oil on it. pm me your address. sometimes I can ship to USA cheaper than here in Canada. Carb actually belongs to our church scrap project so might hit you with 5$ to go to church.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Fri May 05, 2017 8:18 am

PM sent to 38racing.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat May 06, 2017 9:19 am

creia wrote:PM sent to 38racing.
Michael