• Advertisement

2 walbro assembled wrong but running lol

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

2 walbro assembled wrong but running lol

Postby 38racing » Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Time of year for pulling out the trimmers. One that I used last year wouldn't prime. WA-226. I was in the middle of the carb disassembly when my neighbour came by. I had the purge/bulb cover in my hand with the diaphragm against it. Actually carried it out of the garage and even took it for a ride in my truck. Just found a bit of crap in them so didn't put new parts in yet.So when I reassembled I put the gasket against the carb body then diaphragm , then cover. I got it running ok. Now on to the next non runner. Take it apart and find the diaphragm against the body. Ok maybe someone messed up since I lose track of where some of these trimmers came from. And one flap of diaphragm had a raised point and I figured that was because it was placed wrong. So back together as body,gasket,diaphragm,cover. And I get it running.
On to number 3 but it 's a ZAMA C1U. Take apart and there is diaphragm against the body. I stop there and come inside and look up the stuff and yes I have both walbros wrong.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: 2 walbro assembled wrong but running lol

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am

Having a senior moment? Welcome to our world of being so busy and running on auto pilot.

I am not surprised you the Walbros to run with the fuel pumps in the wrong place as I have seen this before although they run much better when assembled correctly.

On most cubes the fuel pump side is diaphragm to the body and then the gasket. Metering side is reverse ordered.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: 2 walbro assembled wrong but running lol

Postby 38racing » Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 pm

those senior moments. I pulled the pump cover to reverse the diaphragm. turned out that it was against the body as it should be. I figure that my recalling having held it on the cover when neighbour came was that the gasket was also still on the cover under the diaphragm and I just put it back together like that. now it will be interesting to see what I find on the other one.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum