• Advertisement

Husqvarna 390XP problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Husqvarna 390XP problem

Postby StarTech » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:37 pm

I am working on a Husqvarna 390xp chainsaw is will not run above 7000 rpms, heavily 4 cycle sounding even at idle. Adjusting carburetor does not affect it nor putting on a new carburetor on it helps. It has 150 psi compression and it passes vacuum and pressure crankcase tests. New known good spark plug installed.

What can it be?
StarTech

Advertisement

Re: Husqvarna 390XP problem

Postby Fulltilt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 pm

I would say the ign. module is bad. Have you checked the flywheel/key ? Is the cyl. exh port free of any carbon buildup?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Starfire if you're going be at your shop tomorrow I can stop in help you out since I am going to Pulaski and Florence. I can also show you how to soup the saw up so it will run at around 13500 instead of the factory 9500.

I be passing through around noonish.

EDIT: I also got a 36" bar and chain if want to try them after we get through; of course, you got to provide the log or tree.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby StarTech » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Yes I be here. I got a 570 that I give you. I know it need a BNC and ignition coil. But I think you know how to change the high tension lead which a rat chewed into.
StarTech

Return to Technical Discussion Forum