• Advertisement

Problems With Newer Craftsman Lawn Tractor Transmissions

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Problems With Newer Craftsman Lawn Tractor Transmissions

Postby Luffydog » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:35 am

I just put a 28hp on a little craftsman that had a 19.5hp its like a super mower mower now it mows grass like no other will. Yes the guy that owns this little Troy Bilt he sits in at about 350lbs I can't keep belts on his for nothing. He really needs to up grade to something alittle more trusty worthy that will hold his weight like a garden tractor style gt. I bet by the time you get that 6 mowed it's time to start over agian.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby R4665 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 am

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with the Hydro-Gear t2-cdbe-5x1a-18c1 transaxle? A guy is selling a Craftsman 2014 T2400 46" with a 19hp Briggs 917.203830

How does the Hydro-Gear T2 compare to the Tuff Torq K46BA?

I have about 1/2 acre yard ... a portion has about a 10 degree slope. I bag the clippings. As I stated earlier, I currently have a 1998 42" Craftsman with hydrostatic fender control and it has been a reliable machine.
R4665
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am

That would the transaxle that MTD started using lately. A couple of my customers has them on Troy Bilt Horse mowers and hadn't any trouble other needing new drive belts. Of course belts are wear item. Other then that I haven't seen complaints about the T2s but have seen plenty of complaints about the K46. This may just be due to the volume of the K46s out there too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum