• Advertisement

How much Torque

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

How much Torque

Postby dunoon2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:19 am

How much do you torque the crankcase bolts on a Kaw FV500? Also do you use any kind of sealer on the crankcase gasket? Thanks
dunoon2
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: How much Torque

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 am

if you're referring to the FH500V then they are 19Ft-Lbs.

As for gasket I just install it as it comes. Others can offer their advice on this.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 pm

dunoon2 wrote:How much do you torque the crankcase bolts on a Kaw FV500? Also do you use any kind of sealer on the crankcase gasket? Thanks

A better question would be how do you tear into a motor without having a shop manual handy????
http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Kawasaki-Service-and-Repair-Manuals/

I always use a sealer on case gaskets, usually Permatex Hi-Tack red spray. Or copper coat spray.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Easy to answer. You just remove the screws. Several engines I repair don't even have SMs available. With these you use basic torque recommendations for material you're fastening together.

At least they are not LH torqued screws even though I got a nearly a full set of LH torque clicker wrenches as I work on engines that require up to 150 ft lbs LH torquing of screws and nuts where a beam type is impossible to see at times.

At least the axles nuts that tighten to 300 ft lbs are still RH so I haven't brought a LH 3/4 300 or 600 ft lb clicker.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum