• Advertisement

Is it just me...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Is it just me...

Postby 51cub » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 pm

[quote="Arkie"]Automotive Windshield wiper blades.
Can make the Pope think up new cuss words!
51cub

Postby DennyIN » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm

I usually get my mower oil filters at Advance Auto, purolator brand 10241. This spring I stopped in to get a half dozen, last year they were around $4.50, this year they were $6.00. I asked the counter man if purolator raised their prices on all filters, he replied that the 10241 is what he used on his and they were $4.50, I told him they are now marked $6.00. He went in the system and looked, replied they must have raised them, but he did give me a discount and said the increase didn't seem right.
DennyIN

Postby 38racing » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I just had a briggs 12series quantum that ran fine last week refuse to run off choke today. I pulled the carb bowl and everything nice and clean. Sprayed the nut/jet with carb cleaner and air and it runs fine again. I was thinking maybe I should have a spare jet. You USA guys can get it for $11.00 . For me that translates to $15. cdn plus shipping. My local price $20 $CDN and that assumes I drive to the city and pick it up. (or order $100 plus)
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:02 pm

38racing wrote:I just had a briggs 12series quantum that ran fine last week refuse to run off choke today. I pulled the carb bowl and everything nice and clean. Sprayed the nut/jet with carb cleaner and air and it runs fine again. I was thinking maybe I should have a spare jet. You USA guys can get it for $11.00 . For me that translates to $15. cdn plus shipping. My local price $20 $CDN and that assumes I drive to the city and pick it up. (or order $100 plus)

You probably know this but anyway:
Most generally when I clean a carb and it then runs good for awhile I've found from experience that I have a better success rate if I also install a new fuel line and add a fuel filter just before the carb. If I do this and the carb at a later time again needs choke to run the carb itself is usually shedding small pieces of trash or pot metal from inside the carb and replacing the jet itself will not permanently correct the problem because the jet itself is not the where the issue gunk trash starts, it's just trapping trash that is occurring upstream. If fuel lines are shedding trash inside of course a new carb is not going to run correctly for very long. :popcorn:

The Al Gore low emission carbs are leaned out so much on several that the carb/engine is so lean it's just barely getting by anyway. On the older adjustable jet carbs a guy could sometimes just make a carb adjustment and good to go.

I've seen few of the low emission carbs that has a adjustable low speed jet and the high speed jet fixed (nonadjustable) and just a slight adjustment of the low speed jet will take out the hunting surging at high speed. (usually just a 1/4 turn of the low jet and the engine will still idle good and not hunt on high or medium speed.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Another great deal on amazon canada. I better hurry, only 3 left.
https://www.amazon.ca/MTD-751-0617C-Muf ... 0e601d5341
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 am

Darn I should ordered one :lol: instead welding the mounting holes where the customer ripped of the muffler. Not a very quite muffler in the first place but still better than no muffler.

I basically was just proving to customer that I could weld that thin of metal item. Someone had welded at another mower deck of hers. The hanger has already broken off again. It on its way in a few weeks as it is a back up mower and she got the get someone to bring it in for her.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 pm

so here's another crazy one. Honda carb is 15.21 . inlet needle for that carb is 21.48
e-8 e-9 here
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/honda- ... 37851.html
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:08 pm

so i need to replace the 1/2 " x 10.5 " rod for deck plate on mtd. the oem part is $30. cdn plus shipping from USA or $47 cdn from local dealer. must cost a lot in labour to drill two holes.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:44 pm

One of many reasons I just brought a 17" 16 spd Drill Press. Next is the 12" lathe I looking at. Might get that for Christmas if I'm very good.

Hint, Hint, Santa.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum