• Advertisement

Front Final Gear Case

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Front Final Gear Case

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:56 am

Well I drain the final drive only half the oil that should be in it either oil was rust color or I have bronze in it. Hoping it is just rust from the oil never being changed and a leaky axle seal.

The RH CV joint once cleaned does has problem. Bearing balls are pitted. It is also goes through both smooth and binding when cycled at extreme range. The LH CV joint shows no signs wear as it smooth thoughout all movements; of course, I didn't open up boot seal either.

I ordering a new half shaft and seals. I hoping this is it. As it going be at least twice the cost of the half shaft if it is in the final too. That cost doesn't include the half shaft.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Front Final Gear Case

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Installed the half shaft and seals. Delivered Sunday and haven't any back on it so it must be working will give it a couple week more just for good measure.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum