• Advertisement

Walbro on 28 OHV Problems

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Walbro on 28 OHV Problems

Postby 38racing » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 am

I have a walbro carb from a 28 series briggs in a container with a note that engine would not run right with it. I just noticed that the welch plug over the idle port holes is missing and I don't recall ever removing a welch plug from any of the carbs I've worked on. Maybe that explains the problem.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Walbro on 28 OHV problems

Postby 38racing » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:25 pm

38racing wrote:...... I just did needle and seat on walbro for a 28 OHV and it still floods and I didn't even drive seat flush as per instructions since original was not flush. Even tried another float (albeit a used one) Right now I had another used carb so I cleaned seat with valve compound and put same needle and float into it. Last night it appeared to be holding . Will check if it ever stops raining here.

so the old carb didn't leak but when I put it on the engine the rpms are too high. That might just be the governor spring but I also found the max slow speed rpms were with the idle mixture screw fully in so I suspect maybe an air leak. So now I tried a new float (though no evidence of leaks in the other two) in the original carb with new seat and original, not new, needle. Bench test had no leak. Now loose mounted on the engine and so far no leaks. Will try test run tomorrow.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum