• Advertisement

trimmer won't idle

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: trimmer won't idle

Postby 38racing » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Well, after several aparts,togethers ,dropped parts, long searches I think I figured it out. I pulled the muffler but it things looked ok except for a hole in the muffler in the corner where it has depression for mounting against cylinder. I replaced it with a good looking one from a parts unit. After putting it together I couldn't pull the piston past TDC even with plug out. Unit has no clutch. I guess that I didn't get all the grass from the head that stalled it out. It's the gear head so I took it off and separated the halves and low and behold it's still bound by long grass strings and a thin blue which I recognized as tarp strand. Gears look fine. I notice that there is no evidence of grease on anything. It had no grease fitting. From what I can see the bearings have seals except for the top one, it's open on top side. Should I put some grease on everything before putting it back together?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby NO0C » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:16 am

38racing wrote: Should I put some grease on everything before putting it back together?

That would be contrary to today's manufacturing standards :lol:

Amazing the things you tear apart that are not lubed. I guess that would cost money and cut down on the profits.

I don't think I have seen many things, if any, that died because of over lubrication.

In short my answer would be yes.
NO0C
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:07 pm

back together and running. Next test will be more trimming to see what else can go wrong with this timmer.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum