• Advertisement

Ouch...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Ouch...

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Boy it expensive to send a parcel to the repair shop in Ontario, Canada...$89.10 for 18 lbs and I would need to pay the return shipping too. Heck I was better off just buying a new machine which I did for $180. An one year warranty is won't plugged nickle if it cost too much to get it honored.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Ouch...

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Which is why we don't do international shipping :) wait until you have to send the same package to Australia or Mexico.. talk about OUCH!
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Done did that one [Australia] back in January $15.50 for a 4 oz package and that was without tracking. And they lost it for three months.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:47 pm

I have 2 brake rotors and pad sets coming from Ilinois to Ontario for $ 50 cdn shipping , that's $35 usd. but it's through a consolidated setup where a global shipper gets it to Canada post. crazy part it will come via a post office in Burlington Ontario. it would cost more for someone in Burlington to ship me the same parcel. some place on ebay wants 20 to ship a trimmer filter. yet boats.net can ship to me for 10.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am

Yet I can buy something off Amazon for $6.95 and they ship it from China free...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:32 am

Yes Bob I have gotten things in from China with little or no too shipping. I think main problem with the pricing is that the post office is trying make up for their losses off us little guys and the consumers.

Well the Canadian vendor is sending a shipping label that a round trip for $37 so I be sending the unit in for repairs meanwhile I a replacement one coming late Friday. This way I will have a back up once the first unit is repaired. I was cleaning a valve cover when it failed. I all got I another carb to clean so it be done Saturday instead of having wait 3 weeks for turn around on the repairs.

The UC was smoking when I came back from getting a cup of coffee. It was on a 30 min cycle with heat. I suspect the heater is fried but transductors are not working either now. Darn I got use to having it around.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 am

I've bought a $3 part off of flea bay from China with free shipping.
Sometimes would be here in a week other times it caught the slow boat from china and would take few months.

Ordered a small item sometime back for like $2 on ebay from china and it came in a regular white envelope with so many stamps on top of stamps and some were air mail and I briefly added up $20 worth of stamps. :o :?

How can they do that???? (for a profit)

Donald Trump needs to check into this type of China trade imports. :usa:
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm

I had one china thing to Canada that took months. Came the day after seller gave me a refund. Funny too was seller was a canadian , drop shipping from China. When I was researching the delay I found out that Canadian customs and/or canadapost were the delay due to slow customs clearance. Lots of irate Canadians waiting for stuff from China.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum