• Advertisement

ngk to replace rc12yc.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

ngk to replace rc12yc.

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 pm

In my file of replacement parts I have both bkr5e and BCPR5ES showing as replacing it.
So I went here
http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com ... _PN/RC12YC
and again look at all the ngk that replace it and again all those different heat ranges of the otherwise same ngk can't be right. very frustrating.
and the difference between bkr5e and bkr5e-11 is ?
update: ok going to ngksparkplug.com and entering the 17 hp intek it shows
bkr5es as the regular plug for it
and bkr5e as the pro-v plug
and just found also that BK is ISO type of BCP so all is answered as I find also that -11 means standard gap
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: ngk to replace rc12yc.

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Maybe these two decoders will clear things up some.

Champion Spark Plug Decoder

NGK Spark Plug Decoder
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: ngk to replace rc12yc.

Postby bgsengine » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:03 pm

BKR5E , as well as TR5 and BCPR5ES as you may note all have the same heat range (5) styles are difrerent - the -11 suffix is a special gap but otherwise identical - some plugs are manufactured with a special gap so as to keep the electrodes square with each other for best performance We also use TR5 in the same application.

BKR5E is the V-Power - NGK's V-Power Plugs Feature a Unique V-Cut in the Center Electrode that Directs the Spark to the Edge of the Electrode, Helping the Spark Develop More Rapidly, Increasing Ignitability and Reducing Quenching. This plug will have a standard pre-set gap of .035"

BCPR5ES os the NGK "Standard" spark plug for that application also with a .035" standard gap (the BCPR5ES-11 has a .043" gap)

The TR5 is also a premium V-Power spark plug , standard gap .039"

Using a proper gapping tool we're able to bend the electrodes in such a way as to get them squared to each other when re-gapping
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum