• Advertisement

MTD H Deck Brake setup.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

MTD H Deck Brake setup.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Huskee 13BS608H131 2003

Anyone a clear image of the RH spindle brake on the H deck that has the double pulley on the LH? THe online IPL images including the ones from MTD are not clear.

It been a while since I seen a 46" deck but it looks like it missing a brake arm stop bracket. Either that or I need make one from scratch. It flipped and destroyed the deck secondary belt.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: MTD H Deck Brake setup.

Postby 38racing » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:32 pm

I`m guessing that`s a step through model being a 2003. I`m doing a new belt tomorrow night on an H but it`s the old box style mower.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: MTD H Deck Brake setup.

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well machine shop work it is. I'll figure out what I need for an anti flip bracket and how to mount it.

It isn't like I got the weld the RH front spindle where some DYIer installed the wheel bushings backwards so the rim worn the brace nearly in two. Couldn't hear the rubbing over transaxle whine. Awaiting the push nut so I can pull the spindle axle. Don't want to melt the bushings.

Edit: Found the new style H deck in the service manual. Dumb design, No stop (anti flip) bracket was used. Needs it so I will add one as the brake arm had flipped and destroyed the deck belt.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum