• Advertisement

Spindle Push Nut PN

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Spindle Push Nut PN

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:10 pm

I working on a Huskee 13BS608H131 where someone had reverse the spindle axle rim bushings. So it cut into spindle brace. Well I order supposedly the spindle push nut. What I got were 5/8" push nuts for a 3/4 shaft. PN 926-0214 listed in the IPL is not correct. They are mark .625 and the one I remove is marked .750. Would anyone happen to the correct PN?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Spindle Push Nut PN

Postby bgsengine » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:11 pm

725 726-0341 would be the 3/4" push nut (or 925 926-0341 as some have it listed) I sell em by the 2-pack on ebay :)
Last edited by bgsengine on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Tnx BGS. Slightly wrong on the number but I found them. They are 926-0341(726-0341). I manage to get the 5/8" on but took destroy the first two. Out $15 plus shipping for something that was IPLed wrong. The 5/8" version cost more than double of the 3/4" version. Mtd tech support was too stupid to even find them even after an hour on the phone with them. Would be nice if they actually hire people that knew what they were doing. THe first couple I talked to I think couldn't even get out of wet paper bag with both ends open and the third said "All I can go by is what is on the IPL.". Seen I was wasting my time so I just hung up.

Since I manage to get one on I will put a couple sets on next stock order from Tulsa. It took a 1-1/16 box wrench and a two pound hammer so the plastic cap isn't in the best of shape.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:35 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Tnx BGS. Slightly wrong on the number but I found them. They are 926-0341(726-0341).
Yeah - It was a typo..
I manage to get the 5/8" on but took destroy the first two.
Not sure how one would fit a 5/8 push nut on a 3/4 shaft , seems it would be a very tough fit
Out $15 plus shipping for something that was IPLed wrong. The 5/8" version cost more than double of the 3/4" version.
Yeah - Always mystifies me when they do that but then consider the probable volume of the part - costs the same to build 100,000 pieces as 10,000 pieces , pretty much, I think
Mtd tech support was too stupid to even find them even after an hour on the phone with them. Would be nice if they actually hire people that knew what they were doing. THe first couple I talked to I think couldn't even get out of wet paper bag with both ends open and the third said "All I can go by is what is on the IPL.". Seen I was wasting my time so I just hung up.
Yeah seems rather typical - have had feedback from web store customers that called Briggs customer support and they ended up paying twice as much for the same part I *told* them they needed - but their call to briggs, the rep told them it was not the right one and gave them the "correct" part number.. which as it happens, Briggs superseded to the very same one I had on offer.. go figure..

Since I manage to get one on I will put a couple sets on next stock order from Tulsa. It took a 1-1/16 box wrench and a two pound hammer so the plastic cap isn't in the best of shape.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:39 pm

bgsengine wrote:Not sure how one would fit a 5/8 push nut on a 3/4 shaft , seems it would be a very tough fit

It was very tight but the BFH made it fit...Of course I didn't hit the actual nut assembly but the wrench I was using. The 12 points did leave a lasting impression. Definitely won't slip off.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum