• Advertisement

Kohler XT air filters

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler XT air filters

Postby hanz63 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:56 am

Did they cover the differences between the orange and blue seal filters in update? Or does anyone know why the change? I assume the application is different as I've seen decals on a couple that had blue.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kohler XT air filters

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am

Just guessing as I see no notes on Kolher Plus about this.

Probably to do with the fact that there are now two versions XT's. There are just the XT and now the XTX in the 650,675, and 775.

As far color of the foam that might just a vendor difference but in this case might be use to note to two different designs of the same model series.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:54 am

I just go by part number , i ft he if the part number is correct for the application, it dont matter the seal color change.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RJRacing » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 pm

I compared the blue filter with the orange one today, the seal area on the blue filter is slightly larger than the orange filter
RJRacing

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 am

RJRacing, Thanks for taking the time to actual look at the two filters.

It like he Briggs and Honda air filter have here where gasket is slightly thicker on the Honda version which provides better seal. My commercial client was having air leakage around the Briggs filter and the Honda version resolved the problem.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Today front and center I came across the parts bulletin (262) If the air box cover has 2 latches- it gets blue. One latch, it gets orange. According to the bulletin, it is not interchangeable. From 6/2015 . Must have slept through the update again...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum