• Advertisement

General transmission

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

General transmission

Postby hanz63 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 am

Anyone ever service one of these with a variator belt snapped in half? It appeared to me to have a lot of play in the front variator pulley, like a wobble and the screws for the rear variator bracket were loose. 917.203900
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: General transmission

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 am

I have only seen one mower in the shop and the owner was one of those types that we techs are miracle workers even we never have seen something before. I was needing some time to work out what was going on with it not pulling properly. Because I didn't get fix on the first try he traded the mower off.

I have the service manuals for the RS800 in downloads forum. The differences between the 800F and 800P is how the controls are setup. F equal Fender controlled and P equals Pedal controlled. Also you will need driven nut tool for disassembly. Got mine through Amazon.

For those interested General Transmissions has come out with an anti debris kit for these transmissions.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum