• Advertisement

Hustler Super Z wheel motor leak

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Hustler Super Z wheel motor leak

Postby Mr Mower Man » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:08 am

An older Super Z (model 928051) in my shop has a hydraulic leak from the right hand wheel motor. My guess is the seal around the shaft has given out. Is there a seal kit for these things? Seems a shame to replace a wheel motor because it's just leaking, if parts to seal it back up are available somewhere. The wheel motor is an 18 CCW White, part number 782383.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Hustler Super Z wheel motor leak

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:31 am

Can find any other number s on the wheel motor? It should be repairable, just figure out seal kit you need.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 am

In my past experience with wheel motors is that the input shaft may be bent or the bearings and seals could be bad causing the fluid to be pushed out Thur the weakest spot which will be the seal for the input shaft as your talking about.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 am

Did find some of those kits at the hydro store. Com. The kits are from about $50 and up and the shafts are from $60 to $100 plus. That's was just a quick search almost 300$ in parts plus time and labor not far off from a new motor.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum