• Advertisement

Is it just me...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Is it just me...

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Here one I felt like an idiot ordering but the one I was replacing was rubber seal and Briggs sent one those little foam seals instead what was used originally on the carb. PN 695273. No reason me to pay $2 for one.

Normally I make these here in the shop from cheap foam filter elements using my hole dies. This would have cost less than $0.10 to make.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 pm

KE4AVB wrote:One of many reasons I just brought a 17" 16 spd Drill Press. Next is the 12" lathe I looking at. Might get that for Christmas if I'm very good.

Hint, Hint, Santa.

my son in law is a machinist by day. at home it's carving and wood working. he has wood lathe and made us bbq handles months ago which we misplaced. since i have some noma deck rods but not outside to check I looked up on ipl to get size. since briggs now sells it it's $86 cdn. are these some sort of super strength rods with a gold core?. I can make 3 for $10 worth of rod.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 pm

and here's another strange pricing. No surprise that it's Briggs for Murray stuff
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/gear-p ... 98146.html
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/gear-p ... 98145.html

what could possibly make the LH pinion so much more $ than the RH one?
same price difference at briggspartsstore

The engine stop cable for this mower is $40 USD
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am

That the price you have to pay to be a lefty. It sure seems that everything made for the right handed person and being a lefty it a pain to work with some tools.

Just try finding left handed clicker torque wrenches nearly impossible to find. I had to have for my 2 cycle and ATV work. Still working on getting a 3/4 LH clicker; lucky that need anything much above 150 ft-lbs expect for axle nuts. I currently have the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 versions.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum