• Advertisement

weedeater 2100

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

weedeater 2100

Postby 38racing » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Friend dropped off his oldy trimmer/brush cutter. Google finds me nothing on it. I will have to ask him if he knows where the air filter is located. Always a chance that he still has the manual.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: weedeater 2100

Postby creia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Exactly what information are you in need of? I Googled "Weedeater 2100" and got a few parts diagrams pages.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Hmmm creia when I Googled it all I came up with was the Echo SRM-2100 trimmer which is why I haven't responded.

38racing any numbers on the serial tag left. I know Weedeater is using those serial tags that can be unreadable at times.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah same here - Do you mean the WeedEater BRAND ? got a photo? could be one of the featherlite models? or is it way older with the 2-piece green wrap-around housing?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:12 pm

will post picture tomorrow. it's an oldie. same friend gave me a 1976 pushmower that he had bought new. I even found the Canadian tire ad for it in a now defunct Ottawa newspaper archive.
pull start not returning very far. hoping ipl would show how pieces go together. there is a flat steel plate covering the carb air intake at bottom rear. trying to visual the path of air entering it. i think I had some of it apart years ago but don't remember any details.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Yup I know the one you mean - such a PITA to work on air comes in from the rear (under handle) you should see a rectangular recessed area with slats and a prong hanging down - thats where the foam air filter goes - air path goes through there and then down and between that plate and the carb and enters carb from direction of the plate - plate is removed you should see the 2 carb bolts and good luck getting those god-awful throttle linkages unhooked and re-hooked while at the same time managing the fuel hose positioning and the gasket (new gaskets are longer and have holes so you can peg them in place which helps somewhat) To fix recoil on those you have to split the housing halves anyway (and if you are lucky the fuel line will have a plastic connector you can unhook, or you'll have to R&R carb to unhook fuel line) I used to see a lot of those in the shop back in the 80's and 90's and amazingly enough many parts for them are still available.

*if* it is the one I think you mean (Similar to the 1400 weedeater and the XR-30, among others )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 am

that describes it pretty well. there's just enough pull left to start. maybe I will just shorten the rope lol.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum