• Advertisement

Courage SV590-0002 Replacement Jet.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Courage SV590-0002 Replacement Jet.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Does anyone happen to know the Briggs part number for one those screw in side of the carb tower jets? This Courage main jet is (was) pressed in and has become so loose that it falls out. First time was in the UC I since pressed it back in but has came back out the engine ran for a while. I hate to replace a good carb just because the jet keeps falling out. It doesn't matter the jet size is smaller as I would need resize it anyway though one from 17 hp or smaller carb would be preferred.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Courage SV590-0002 Replacement Jet.

Postby rogerf » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 am

Hi folks,

I'm not sure of the carburettor you're working on, but is it possible to press it in and secure in place with a few applications of a centre punch? If you want to be sure to stop any leaks you could paint around the join with some nail varnish or similar.

Of course this assumes that you still have the jet and it hasn't gone walkabout!

Cheers from Oz,
Roger

PS
Could you translate UC please? We seem to have different abbreviations here in Oz.
rogerf
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 am

UC= Ultrasonic Cleaner. It be USC on your side of the pond.

Too small to stake in place. Done tried that with ice pick here and deformed the jet to where I had resize as it is. It wouldn't even run without choke before the resizing; without the jet in place it floods so bad that I can't even start it.

Yes I still have the old jet as my strainer keep it from going down the drain that how I will know size to resize the screw jet to.

Just hate having to put on a 103 usd carburetor when all I need is a under 15 usd jet.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 am

KE4AVB wrote:Does anyone happen to know the Briggs part number for one those screw in side of the carb tower jets? This Courage main jet is (was) pressed in and has become so loose that it falls out. First time was in the UC I since pressed it back in but has came back out the engine ran for a while. I hate to replace a good carb just because the jet keeps falling out. It doesn't matter the jet size is smaller as I would need resize it anyway though one from 17 hp or smaller carb would be preferred.

here's a hint: http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/bri ... t_carb.asp

*edit* And, if you dare to do business on aliexpress , here's another one https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/carb ... sizes.html
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:28 pm

That got me to where I needed to in order cross reference model numbers until I found the PN for item #9. I knew there was a place I seen these but I couldn't think of a model number to work from.

For now think I stick with the one from Briggs as it has a known factor and I am needing this mower out of the shop been here over a month now due multiple unknown problems popping up.This is last item to resolve finally. And only $8 for the jet that I can get in 2 days.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby rogerf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 am

Hallo folks,

Glad you've got it sorted!

Must have been having a dumb moment - should have worked out the Ultra Sonic. Must have been a long day!

Cheers,
Roger
rogerf
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum