• Advertisement

More Kohler flywheel magnets

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: More Kohler flywheel magnets

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 am

Probably got some Chinese kids installing them. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Just redone a CV15 that had one magnet was loose. Cleaned and removed all the rust under and around the magnet. Remove old epoxy from the magnet. Cemented in place with the Steel Weld here. Very easy to do just had keep from attracting to steel flywheel until position where I want it. This one had indicator marks so I didn't need to figure out the polarity since the rest were in place.

I would not even found the loose magnet if I wasn't checking the stator after great local tech wired the diode up backwards and had shorted the diode out. Now I got to order a new diode. He used scotch tape to insult the connections anyway. :roll: Why I don't know because electrical tape is cheap enough though I would have the proper connectors and heat shrink.

A good excuse to go ahead to order my molex and amp connectors and pins.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Seen some wiring yesterday by someone who used the duct tape which might be a little better than the scotch tape but not good no matter which. Had to order the harness to repair correctly.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:57 am

That about as bad as the idiot that used duct tape on my 240 vac line on my well pump inside the well casing. No wonder I lost water pressure when the pump failed to work.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum