• Advertisement

Horizontal Pressure Washer Pumps

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Horizontal Pressure Washer Pumps

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Looks the days of repairing these horizontal 4000 psi pumps are now numbered too. Just price out the rebuild cost on a General EZ4040 pump vs a new pump. It costs me as much as a new pump (S260) without regulator just for the parts; of course I was needing packing, oil seals, and a plunger. No way you can justify repairing one if you add labor. Matter of fact the customer just purchase an AV pump with regulator for $225 including shipping off Ebay and had me to put it on.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Horizontal Pressure Washer Pumps

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Actually it not an AR pump but is a Panda made in [you guess it China] PRC per my supplier. Very limited amount parts available for the CPW4G40B. Another ripoff of good product by the Chinese.

PRC = People's Republic of China
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Curious as to what your warranty policy is on labor and materials (if any) on a "customer provided part". I am a bit surprised that you would even agree to install it- it seems like it could be a mess if things happen to "go south" with the repair for whatever reason?
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 pm

No warranty. Customer must handle all their claims themselves and with this not getting an invoice basically there is no warranty at all. He knows this a risk that he is taking. He is one of my best customers and will bring his other pumps for repairs. He also knows that I am providing no warranty on this job.

Normally I don't like doing this kinda of due warranty issues in general.

As far warranty work of my repairs I only had one come back the whole year so I think I am fairly good on making sure things are right before they leave.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

It sounds like you have got good business practices that work well for you that have come with experience. Please understand (and I think that you do) that I was in no way being critical or judgemental that you did it. I suspected that there was more to the story, and there was.
Michael :)
creia
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 am

Understood...I haven't worked in service industry for over 30 yrs not have learned a few things. This working for yourself can be both a blessing and a curse if you get may drift.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Both r a double edge sword
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum