• Advertisement

found this part

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

found this part

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 pm

laying on the shop floor. could be off various things. look familiar to anyone?
http://web.ncf.ca/da229/smallengine/20171129_182717.jpg
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: found this part

Postby OverKnight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 pm

I don't know what it is, but something about it makes me think there's an extra, non-stock bend.
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet
OverKnight
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:06 am

I don't know what it came off either but it appears to be bent due the wear marks.

38Racing I don't well how keep your shop but I always put away my tools, accounting for all of them, and clean the work area after each repair is completed. Unaccounted for parts including fasteners are verified why they are present before signing off on a repair job. During my final inspections I have found tools like sockets struck on bolt heads in hard to reach areas or a hemostat clamp not removed after repairs.

I know it is more convenience to just lay the tools on the work bench but I had too many to walk off that way when I worked in a multi-tech shop setup. I don't have that problem here now but it is a habit that works best for me as I can always locate my tools instead taking extra time to hunt them. I also found that the boxes need to locked when I was away too in those shops.

If you have custom tools and one ends walking off or customer drives off with it still on the equipment can it be expensive to redesign and have it made again. I now keep a copy of the plans on file for any my latest tools so I can just hand a copy to my machinist friend for to remake them. I just got through having a $70 tool custom modified to do male F56 terminals and if I lose it I would be out another $70 just for the core tool plus the machine shop fees as it takes a carbide cutter to modify it.

Edit: Everyone has their own way of doing things that works for them. The above is what works best for me.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:01 am

Hmmm... It doesn't quite look like a torque bracket from a transaxle. It could be a rigid belt guide or like a frame mounted deck height stop. Does the color to you look more MTDish or Honda riderish?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 pm

i had actually cleared one side so I could fit truck in . prior to moving it in I had a couple of mtd mowers. one i had just fixed deck and the other had a recent addition of front mounted snow blower. maybe I look at their ipls.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum