• Advertisement

Clinton engine Colour

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Clinton engine Colour

Postby hillsider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Can anyone tell me the correct shade or paint code of the Red paint used on Clinton engines.
Ray.
hillsider

Advertisement

Re: Clinton engine Colour

Postby okie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 pm

I know that this is not much help but as old as this engine is, I suspect it is original paint. Maybe you can go from there.

.Image

Okie
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 am

No info at the Clinton Engine Museum other than the following:

Over the years Clinton colors for Standard engines were Dark Green, Red, White, Yellow and Gray. The colors for the 800 OEM accounts included many different shades of a standard color, I.E. 6 different shade of red, 4 shades of white, etc, etc. In all the years of production in Iowa an OEM account was never painted a wrong color.

Most likely by now the color codes have been lost.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hillsider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks for the replies folks I am sure that the image you have posted will be helpful. The engine that I am helping to restore is a model A2190-2111 and did not have much paint on it before it was cleaned and has even less now.

Ray.
hillsider

Return to Technical Discussion Forum