• Advertisement

Great Dane Chariot Hydro leak

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Great Dane Chariot Hydro leak

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:53 pm

A Great Dane Chariot ZTR (GDRZ25KHE) in my shop has mild hydraulic fluid leakage from each of the long high pressure hoses from the pumps to the wheel motors. Each side has a short hose and a long one. It's both the long ones that appear to be leaking. D28026 is the part number of the hose. My question is, what is the likely culprit of the leak? Hose, or fitting in the pump? I can't tell if the fitting has an o-ring on it or not. The Great Dane parts have been discontinued as far as I can tell, but John Deere has the same part numbers, so I'm guessing I can use JD parts and it will match up just fine.

Should I just replace the hoses AND fittings?
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Great Dane Chariot Hydro leak

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 pm

They should be flare fittings which are metal to metal contact sealing. (Same as your automobile brake lines, just larger) Yes if you can I would replace at least the hoses which are usually have a softer metal flare but it may need new fittings too. If they are not available already made you may try a hydraulic hose shop. As far as would the JD stuff works that is something you would to ask their parts people.

Here I have a hose shop in the area that still makes custom hoses but places like this are getting fewer and further between.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum