• Advertisement

Cross Reference for Blade Adapters: John Deere to Generic

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Cross Reference for Blade Adapters: John Deere to Gener

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 am

These restrictions are the very reason my distributor of Briggs parts no longer sell aftermarket filters and other aftermarket parts for the Briggs engines. I was looking into getting signed up as a dealer but that restriction put me off the idea. I do tend to use OEM parts as BGS there is a lot counterfeits (clones) out there that are simply no good.

I know the temptation of buying a clone carburetor is there but with my luck I had very few to work properly.

For me the counterfeits are becoming a big problem to deal with as customer that have internet access gripe about my prices for the OEM parts as see those low priced will fit counterfeits online all the time. When buying please always be aware that it seems too good to be true prices it is probably best to pass it up and save the hassles.

A good example is one of my better customer wanted go on the cheap last week on a L130 and brought a front axle rebuild kit bypassing me. The spindles were so toed out that was no way to align them even if I installed the adjustable draglinks. After I tried the spindles the L130 had nearly 3 inches of toe out. He decided to live with the worn spindles but he had close to 1" toe out with non-adjustable draglinks. I did manage make the draglinks work and had nearly zero out when mower left the shop which save him the $100 the adjustable draglinks would have cost. Toe out is a common problem on the Husqvarna mowers but this is the first time I seen it on a JD. What I learned doing the L130 can be applied to Husqvarna mowers with double draglinks so there will be a lot of them leaving the shop with straighten out front ends.

He is stuck with a product that he nor I can use. He wanted to buy the kit off him but I can't without knowing what it actually fit.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Seakaye12 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

KE4AVB wrote:I do however would like to know which JD dealer this is as I have purchased thru Greenfarmparts online for several years now. It does sound like one that being a royal pain as they want all the repair business for themselves. My local dealer has more than work just working on the larger farm equipment and their tech are not very good on the smaller lawn care equipment. They actually refer some repairs my way at times when they are overloaded on work.

There may have been more than one ebay seller who had verbage like that....but this one in particular: bombergersjd

Thanks, Chuck

PS I guess I will order the JD blade adapter today and get it over with. Green Farm Parts ?? A good vendor?
Seakaye12

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 am

Yes they are a good vendor and they are usually lower in price than the local dealer here but got compare anyways as shipping and timing can be a factor in some my repairs. I don't used them as much as I once did but that because I manage to obtain a standing discount from the local dealer which makes local purchases more reasonably close to GFP when shipping is figured in to the total cost.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 pm

"These restrictions are the very reason my distributor of Briggs parts no longer sell aftermarket filters and other aftermarket parts for the Briggs engines. I was looking into getting signed up as a dealer but that restriction put me off the idea."
Briggs has a specialized dealer that nets you a bit more discount if you don't want to deal with the rest of the BS . PD - the Briggs distributor does not sell aftermarket IE OEP in Briggs per their contract. THEY can't tell YOU what you can stock. Really the quality of some of these Briggs OEM air filters looks shabby next to some of the others. I stock both.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum