• Advertisement

Help...oil seal or no oil seal B&S

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Help...oil seal or no oil seal B&S

Postby dennis » Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm

I am working on a Briggs and Stratton Mod 12H802, Type 2349-B1, Code 00022559. It is on a pressure washer (DeVilbiss WGVB 2122) The illustrated parts list for this engine, downloaded from the B&S site, shows part # 697338 as being an oil seal for the intake valve. I have changed oil seals before, and there is a milled seat that the seal is pressed into. This engine has no seal, or seat. My conclusion is that the IPL is wrong, or the blower housing with model number got swapped out. Am I missing something here???????????????
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Help...oil seal or no oil seal B&S

Postby RoyM » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm

From my experience the early Quantum engines did not use a seal, it may have been added to newer versions to control oil consumption issues. As long as the guide is within spec I wouldn't worry about it.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Help...oil seal or no oil seal B&S

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 24, 2018 5:39 am

I have seen IPLs wrong before and only include some the latest revisions of the engines. I am replacing the coil on one that has an without the metal plug cap and The IPL only gave the numbers for the one with the metal cap. I manage to find the part number for the older coil (the aftermarket version) and receive it yesterday.

When I first started back in '09 I was installing new rings in a 31 series an Briggs had a date code break published wrong; actually had them reversed so had to order the rings twice to get the right ones. Emailing Briggs was of no help as they said the set of rings were right for my date code. I took a chance and ordered the other rings and they were right.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum