• Advertisement

Mantis Tiller rpms

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Mantis Tiller rpms

Postby dennis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:17 pm

I just put a new carburetor on a Mantis Tiller.... model 7225 . The engine is Kioritz Corp SV-SC12 21.2cc

I would like to know what the wide open throttle , no load rpms should be, and am having a tough time finding that out. Any help would be appreciated.
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Mantis Tiller rpms

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 am

Dennis, It appears there is none spec'd for the SV-5C-2 which generally the same engine as the SV-5C-12, just an older older model. Here I adjust for best top speed then tune slightly rich ( about 100 rpms from peak speed on the rich side) just like any other 2 cycle without a limited coil. Of course this is with the gearbox and tine load not in the soil.

If you haven't used the Mantis before just be careful as they are a jack rabbit at full speed until the soil is worked up. Definitely not an one hand operation.

Also if you can remove the tines, clean and lube with anti-seize compound as these get stuck if not remove every so often. I use Aluminum based anti-seize ( the silver looking stuff) as Copper based is deadly to invertebrates in the soil which you do want the beneficial worms around for good soil.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Mantis Tiller rpms

Postby dennis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the helpful information, KE4AVB. Appreciate it.
dennis
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum