• Advertisement

Mtd Plastic head lamp socket

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Mtd Plastic head lamp socket

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Anybody got a idea what the pn is for the plastic head lamp sockets for the MTD is? I have a Yardman that I am needing new ones for that I am refurbishing for resale. 793880 camshaft failure, drive and deck belts, and deck repairs.

Normally I just parts these mower out but this is pretty nice looking.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Mtd Plastic head lamp socket

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 pm

925-1649 I think, off the top of my head.. we keep em in stock, they're all over ebay too
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Thanks, that will work. Just don't make sense why they are not list for either one of the MTDs I have here. I do know they are basically useless lights but still get your attention if someone is running around ahead of you when your driving through an area. Anyway I have been seeing several things MTD wise that I use not being listed lately like those starter pawls for the handheld Troybilt 4 cycle trimmers.

Previous owner let the muffler eat this mower's sockets. Replacing the section of wiring is easy to match.

I wouldn't have thought they were $5 each.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am

And ebay will ship one to Canada for $25cdn. Ebay pretty much useless anymore.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:18 am

38racing wrote:And ebay will ship one to Canada for $25cdn. Ebay pretty much useless anymore.

You can blame most of this on the very dumb trade war that is going on right now. That is why I tried to buy up my most used items before thing started getting crazy.

It us the endusers and the small repair shops that are taking the biggest hits and not the companies making the products as they just pass along the extra fees. They think they are punishing the producers but in reality they are punishing us, the buyers. I am having to reprice things every single time I repair a piece of equipment as to reflect the replacement costs. I sold a fuel tank last month that cost most to replace than it sold for. No way I can sell an item if it is going to go up by 20+%. In the case of the fuel tank I paid $65, sold it for previous list of $93 then when I reorder it was $96; nearly a 35% increase in less one year. All this causes me more time billing than the simply few clicks that it did last few years.

Yes my gross sales are going up but the bottom line is actually going down as these price increases are eating deeply into profit just to have the replacement items on hand. All I can do is to pass along these price increases to the customer. I think the worst thing is the customer are thinking are we just making a killing on the parts as see so many knock-offs on eBay dirt cheap when compared to the OEM parts.

I even had one to say that I installed a knock-offs and charged as if they were OEM parts. I ended showing him the bill for the parts then he wanted them at my cost. I gave him a couple options that was to pay what I billed or I could remove the parts so he could look up the parts, get the parts off eBay, and install them himself. Guess what he paid the repair bill.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum