• Advertisement

Tecumseh OHH60-71106D

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tecumseh OHH60-71106D

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Anyone know the idle rpm setting should be for this engine? I currently have it at 1590 but the clutch is trying to engage. Enough that I need a stop block. Probably weak clutch springs but I am waiting on eBay supplier for the clutch engagement spec.

Any less than the 1590 it won't restart after sitting a while unless I hold the throttle open as I crank it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh OHH60-71106D

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Nevermind. Clutch was over loading the engine. Remove clutch load and the engine went to 3000+ rpms. And the clutch was even suppose top engage until to 2000. So I got to approval for a new clutch and new bearing for all four wheels as they over tighten them and damaged the races.

Hopefully the clutch was the reason it was so hard to start after it sat a couple hours. Boy I haven't work on a Tecumseh in 5 yrs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum