• Advertisement

carelessness costs

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

carelessness costs

Postby 38racing » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a straight shaft weedeater. Just fixed head which had a seized bearing. It can be finicky to start after long sits. I pulled plug to check for flooding. I guess I didn't tighten plug, but I got it started and actually trimmed a fair amount . It stopped and would not start. I noticed the pulling was too easy. Loose plug. I take it to garage to tighten and I realize socket won't turn but I know plug is not in. Then it won't turn to remove. Yep, aluminum coated threads on the plug now. ugh
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: carelessness costs

Postby bobodu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:18 am

Bought a restored Allis Chalmers Model C for $500 because it was "losing power"..........mostly because two plugs were falling out..
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: carelessness costs

Postby Mr Mower Man » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 pm

I had a customer once a few years ago with a John Deere 445, and his complaint was that one of the spark plugs was blowing out of the cylinder head sometimes while it was running. Turns out he thought the spark plugs were just supposed to be screwed in finger tight, and that's what he did. :lol: And the threads got messed up as a result.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum